Monday, February 28, 2005

Apple Powerbook Greatest Gadget


No disrespect to Apple for my belated post, I should have done so shortly after Mobile PC magazine announced the Powerbook as the top gadget of all time. This is a just reward for a company that has learned from and understood the value of industrial design from the beginning. It also goes to show the lessons they have learned along the way too. Even the Apple snow white industrial design language which had been very successful throughout the 80's, developed by frogdesign, could not save their barely luggable only moderately successful Macintosh Portable. This was a product that appeared only to apply an industrial design language cosmetically to the surface. From the more appropriate grey color, to the integrated palm rest and trackball, the Powerbook line better integrated its industrial design language into the 'DNA' of the product and as a result, everybody followed, manufacturers and customers alike. I took me a little time though, as much as I loved the design. I did not go mobile until the arrival of the Duo and Duo Dock. It was a little smaller notebook (but a bit more fragile), and the math co-processor (I think that was what it was) enabled me to also go mobile with my 3D modeling too!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rietti Radio-controlled Scale Formula Racing Car
You know you've got a fast remote control car when all you can see is a blur as it goes by. But don't let the price fool you.

Rietti's original plan was to set out designing a remote control car capable of bringing high performance for under $100. We'd say they more than accomplished the task.

The Formula 1 style racing wings aren't just for looks. Just like on real racing cars they're the only reason the Rietti stays on the ground at high speeds.

The handgrip style radio control with steering wheel offers incredible control and... ps2 repair

October 21, 2005 at 11:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi maccheesedog,

As a result of reading your blog "Apple Powerbook Greatest Gadget", I think you will discover my site on Highest Wages In All States will be a great help.

To illustrate our diverse range of wages information, here are some of the latest search terms that located our site ...

Farm Labor Contractors Wages
Crop Farmworkers Wages
Nursery Farmworkers Wages
Greenhouse Farmworkers Wages
Crop Laborers Wages
Nursery Laborers Wages
Greenhouse Laborers Wages
Farmers Wages
Ranch Animals Farmworkers Wages.

We have over 200 "have to read" career and wages articles in addition to many other interesting subjects in our Wages For All Occupations site.

Best Regards
Emily

November 24, 2005 at 11:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

maccheesedog ,I just installed a wood stove in my basement.Outside I installed a new patio and ran the stove vent pipe out the basement window.I had the patio guys concret the window in with the vent pipe.I purchased a wood burning stove myself online Fireplace Surround.Looking forward to using it and saving on the cost of using gas. Anyway take care until next time ...

November 28, 2005 at 10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home